Over deze opleiding
In this course students will gain knowledge of various theoretical approaches in the field of culture, psychology and psychiatry. They learn to adequately interpret specific complaints and experiences in relation to culture, and gain insight into the influence of culture on cognitive and emotional processes, as well as on therapeutic practices. Major themes to be discussed include
(1) the cultural construction of mental health and mental illnesses,
(2) the role of culture in the expression of psychopathology (e.g. in idioms of distress, culture-bound syndromes and in classification systems), in guiding help seeking, and in shaping the therapeutic relationship,
(3) the place of culture in working with immigrants and refugees as well as in the field of global mental health and public mental health.
(4) the role of culture, psychology and psychiatry in the social reconstruction after disaster, war and political violence
(5) methods of cross-cultural research: ethnography and the basics of epidemiology.
Vul hieronder jouw gegevens in.
Faculteiten Universiteit van Amsterdam
De Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA), vroeger genaamd de Gemeente Universiteit (GU), is één van de twee universiteiten die zich in Amsterdam bevindt. De UvA bestaat sinds 1632 als het Athenaeum Illustre - de illustere school - die gevestigd was in...